Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tastes like... Queen Sallys Diamond Deli.




My neat little city is known for its cafe culture. We have over 300 little stores, hole in the wall joints, and coffee carts throughout the city. Thats more per capita than New York City. So, it is only fair that most people in this city love coffee. And of course, most of us have our locals, you know, our favourite little places, where we know the staff and they know our order, but I've decided to branch out, get a little uncomfortable, try something new, and go on the hunt for the ultimate coffee experience. Now don't get me wrong, the cup of coffee itself is probably the most important part, I mean it has to be a good cup of joe, but here in Wellington we pride ourselves on good service, good food, and of course, the people watching is always at its prime. 


When I drove past Queen Sally's Diamond Deli, I literally immediately did a U-Turn and parked up outside. From the outside this super cute little cafe caught my attention and I had to go inside, and oh my lord I am so pleased that I did. From the amazingly sweet staff, to the perfect decor, it was like stepping back into some magical land that I didn't want to leave. Not only can you order the most amazing looking salads and deli food, as well as the incredibly yummy gelato and icecreams, they also have a whole lot of boutique, gourmet, local made bits and pieces including jams and chutneys and even old fashioned sweets! The food was amazing, the coffee was pretty darn good too. So, if you are close by... what are you waiting for, get a move on and head down to this lovely little spot by the sea. It will make you smile. I promise.





No comments:

Post a Comment